Wednesday, October 28, 2009

400th Post



Wow, this is my 400th post on blogspot for this blog. No way I have actually had stuff to say 400 times. Kinda crazy considering this is actually the 3rd run at this site, over the past 6 or so years who knows how many posts I've done. I really do need other things to keep me busy. I guess I may have those now since I'm not posting as often anymore.

I had no clue the NBA started last night? I didn't realize until 10 o'clock last night that the Mavs played for real last night. I can't tell you how weird that is for a guy like me to have no clue about the Mavs starting the regular season.



Friday Night Lights began season 4 tonight
. We haven't watched it yet but I can't tell you how much I love this show.

'Friday Night Lights' tackles Season 4 changes, and scores

By Robert Bianco, USA TODAY

As every high school football coach knows, it's tough to replace great talent.

That goes double for Coach Eric Taylor, who lost not only his best players but also his team, having been maneuvered out of Dillon High and exiled to hard-luck East Dillon.

But it's also the task faced by TV's best slice-of-life drama, Friday Night Lights, a still-remarkable series that has prolonged — if not quite improved — its life by innovative cost-sharing and cost-cutting.

The sharing part is why this former NBC series will once again premiere on DirecTV, with NBC repeating the run sometime next year. As for the cuts, you won't notice them in terms of production values, because the show's shot-on-location, bare-bones, handheld look has always been integral to its reality-driven storytelling style.

But you will notice them in a cast that, while still centered on the excellent and Emmy-undervalued Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton, has gone through considerable changes in the supporting roles.

Though Zack Gilford (who plays Matt Saracen), Taylor Kitsch (Tim Riggins), Aimee Teegarden (Julie Taylor) and Jesse Plemons (Landry Clarke) remain, Adrianne Palicki's Tyra, Gaius Charles' Smash, Minka Kelly's Lyla and Scott Porter's Jason are either gone for good or reduced to guest status. In their places are some new East Dillon students (including actors Michael Jordan and Jurnee Smollett) who may someday pop, but don't tonight.

No comments: