Saturday, February 22, 2014

Break time


Alright, I survived the longest flick of the day.  No exploding bladder and it went by pretty quick.  Once again color me surprised, maybe I'm not as old as I thought.  

I liked the flick even though there wasn't much to like about the story or characters.  Lots of boobs and stuff.  Didn't realize Matthew mconnaghy was in it, so I had a double header with him.  Couple those films with true detective and I've seen that dude snort a lot of Hollywood cocaine lately.  He's got to be an expert at that by now .

Several people left about halfway through the movie.  I'd like to say maybe they were just hungry but I think it has more to do with the fact that the content was pretty crazy.  I'm not sure how at this point that surprised anyone, the movie has been out a long time now.

We've got an hour between movies so I ran out quick and bellied up to the bar at rock bottom brewery next to the theater.  I got lucky and grabbed the last seat before the entire theater tried to get in.

So, I'm having a beer, burger and some clam chowder before 12 years a slave.  I've really enjoyed today, I'm guessing this next flick won't be so pleasant.

My rankings of all the nominees I've seen as of now:
Philomena
Captain Phillips/Dallas buyers club
Gravity
Wolf of Wall Street
American hustle



No comments: