Saturday, February 22, 2014

What Else is there to do on a Saturday?





It's been quite awhile, almost 3 years since I've written one of these blog things.  So, it appears today I'm coming back with a vengeance as this may be the first of 5 posts today.

Here's a brief synopsis of why that may be the case:  I'm currently working in the Rocky Mountain region, spending most of my time in Denver.  My family is still back in Jacksonville until the school year ends in June. 

Today is the first Saturday I've had off in several weeks, I think maybe this year.  I already watched the US lose to Finland in hockey today and that was disappointing.  So, what else should I do? 

Every year AMC has a Best Picture nominee marathon.  Angela and I have always talked about going but life and kids have never made it possible.  Today with none of that in my path, I thought I'd give it a try.  I mean why not?

Well, some of the reasons not to do it all revolve around the fact that I'm not as young as I once was.  I'm not sure I can sit through 1 movie anymore much less 4.  My bladder, attention span and hind quarters all protest much quicker than they used to.

I've tried to talk myself out of going for a couple weeks but have decided with much pushing from Angela to go ahead and try it.  So, I'm about to head to theater to watch Philomena beginning at 12, followed by Dallas Buyers Club, Wolf of Wal Street and 12 Years of Slave.  I haven't seen any of them, hopefully they are good ones.

My plan is to blog between movies.  They probably won't be much in the way of reviews, more likely they will be State of the bladder addresses.  Join me, won't you?

No comments: